Orlando, FL. May 7, 2018 – At NPE 2018, the Kistler Group is showcasing its latest custom monitoring package for ComoNeo, its high-quality process monitoring system that is designed to deliver efficiency and transparency for injection molding. Unlike ever before, system users can assemble their own package from the vast range of functions available in the system.
ComoNeo is the system of choice for plastics processing companies looking to boost product quality and cost efficiency by optimizing their injection molding processes. Kistler is constantly developing this process monitoring system – not only to accommodate new application cases but also to ensure comprehensive optimization in every respect coupled with maximum cost efficiency.
Based on the measurement of cavity pressure with tried-and-tested sensors from Kistler, users are provided with modular functions to support predictive control of the injection molding process leading to optimum results. Support, monitoring, control and prediction make Version 2.1.0 of Kistler's ComoNeo the leader in process transparency, which is essential for Industry 4.0.
ComoNeo: guiding users to desired results
A key benefit of this system is its ability to support users according to their individual levels of know-how. Kistler has integrated a practical prediction tool into ComoNeo: the Stasa QC software, which uses measured values and statistical analyses to calculate the quality of the manufactured components in advance, and to assess them within the tolerance bands. This special type of process monitoring is particularly useful for manufacturers of high-grade parts – in medical technology or other sectors where safety is critical, for instance.
To ensure optimal product quality and cost efficiency for their injection molding processes, customers can tailor their own ComoNeo with these functions:
- ComoNeoPREDICT Allows model-based prediction of specified part quality based on the cavity pressure and temperature profiles – for optimum process parameters and transparent processes.
- ComoNeoMERGE When multiple materials are used, process technology becomes more complex – but ComoNeo 2.1.0 can easily accommodate this challenge. The system monitors and evaluates up to four components with different mold technologies.
- ComoNeoMULTIFLOW For molds with multiple cavities, this option allows hot runner balancing through individual adjustment of the nozzle temperature – to ensure identical injection conditions in all cavities and automatic correction of deviations.
- ComoNeoSWITCH This function ensures automated switchover from the injection phase to the holding phase at the ideal time – for balanced injection behavior and optimum mold protection during the process.
- ComoNeoCOMPOSITE Another new feature: injection molding with the RTM process can now be optimized. Special RTM sensors from Kistler create the conditions for controlled high-quality machining of long-fiber composites.
- ComoNeoGUARD This function helps users to define monitoring windows that enable accurate separation of good and bad parts on a step-by-step basis. The benefits: guaranteed part quality and less pseudo scrap.
- ComoNeoRECOVER This feature makes it possible to reproduce a proven injection molding process on a different machine. The user is guided through the adaptation step by step, deviations are identified and the assistant suggests corrective actions.
ComoDataCenter: transparent processes enhance quality and cut costs
As soon as ComoNeo has been specifically tailored to your individual application, everything quite literally comes together in the ComoDataCenter, a database that stores all the process data and establishes a seamless communication with overarching systems. Users benefit from the comprehensive overview of their entire injection molding production, which ultimately provides for a sound basis for ongoing analysis and optimization.
We're offering companies a complete modular and multifunctional package that fulfills all the requirements for intelligent and efficient injection molding. ComoNeo is Industry 4.0 put into practice. Mastery of new processes and greater levels of complexity shows the full extent of what injection molding can achieve in terms of quality – and the potential of process-integrated quality monitoring is far from being exhausted. Development is certainly set to continue."
Dr. Robert Vaculik, Head of Kistler's Strategic Business Field Plastics.
Kistler looks forward to welcoming you at NPE in Orlando from May 7 to 11, 2018. Visit Kistler at booth W7145. For more information and to watch a video on ComoNeo, go to: www.kistler.com/comoneo